Donald F. Klein, MD, DSc†
Donald Klein, MD, DSc† was a dominant figure in the field of treatment science and a prime mover in the improvement of diagnosis and our understanding of psychiatric illness for over half a century. His pioneering work applying both psychological and pharmaceutical approaches to therapy has become standard procedure in the treatment of psychiatric disorders and chronic emotional distress. Dr. Klein was Professor Emeritus in the Department of Psychiatry at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, former Director of Research at the New York State Psychiatric Institute, a research psychiatrist at the Nathan Kline Institute of Psychiatric Research and a research professor at the Phyllis Green and Randolph Cowen Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience at the NYU School of Medicine.
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America, Lifetime Achievement Award, 2005
- American Psychiatric Association, Distinguished Life Fellow, 2004
- The American College of Psychiatrists, Distinguished Service in Psychiatry Award, 2004
- State University of New York, Doctorate in Science (Hon), 1998
- State University of New York, College of Medicine, Doctorate in Medicine, 1952
- Colby College, BA in Science, 1947