Elizabeth Zakszewski, PhD
Elizabeth Zakszewski, PhD, is the data manager for the Data Informatics and Sharing Core (DISC) within the Center for Strategic Data Initiatives (SDI) at the Child Mind Institute. She has expertise in a wide variety of data science tools and techniques.
During her doctoral studies, Dr. Zakszewski focused on MRI physics and novel brain mapping techniques such as Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI), specifically for psychiatric applications. She subsequently contributed to advances in diffusion imaging of spinal cord injuries and initiated international collaborations in applying machine learning to fMRI studies. She also developed pipelines to make clinical radiology data available to researchers.
In her most recent role as scientific data curator for the Computational Biology department at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Dr. Zakszewski managed and cleaned large, multimodal datasets. She transformed unstructured data from genomic, radiologic, pathologic, laboratory, and clinical observation sources into research-ready datasets for artificial intelligence studies.
In her current role on the DISC team, Dr. Zakszewski combines a passion for open science with her advanced data management experience to meet the needs of Child Mind Institute researchers and bring carefully curated datasets to collaborators around the world.
- Scientific Data Curator, Computational Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Institute
- Data Scientist, Clinical Care Solutions, GE HealthCare
- Research Scientist, Center for Imaging Research, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Neurosurgery, Medical College of Wisconsin
- PhD, Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- MS, Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- SB, Nuclear Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology