Grace Berman, LCSW
Grace Berman, LCSW, is the former mood service clinical manager for School and Community Programs and a former social worker in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in the treatment and evaluation of children, adolescents and young adults with anxiety disorders, including social anxiety disorder, specific phobias, generalized anxiety disorder, selective mutism, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She also has experience working with mood disorders and ADHD and other behavior disorders and has a particular interest in the intersection of anxiety and behavior disorders.
Ms. Berman has experience providing individual, group and family therapy to children, adolescents, and young adults in partial hospitalization, outpatient clinic and school settings. She enjoys working directly with parents and teachers to support them in providing the best care for the children in their lives.
Ms. Berman has extensive experience delivering evidence-based interventions, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), parent management training (PMT), and trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT). Ms. Berman integrates compassion and mindfulness-based strategies in her work with individuals of all ages. She is passionate about providing evidence-based treatment to help children and families uncover their strength, connection and resilience.
- Clinical Social Worker, Behavior and Mood Service, School and Community Programs, Child Mind Institute, New York, NY
- Faculty Clinician, Yale Child Study Center, Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic for Children, New Haven, CT
- Advanced Clinical Social Work Fellow, Yale Child Study Center, Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic for Children, New Haven, CT
- Clinical Intern, New York City Children’s Center, Day Treatment Program, Brooklyn, NY
- Clinical Intern, YACHAD National Jewish Council for Disabilities, New York, NY
- LMSW, Clinical Social Work, Columbia University, New York, NY
- BA, Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL