Jeff DeRoche, LCSW
Jeff DeRoche, LCSW, is a former clinical social worker in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute.
He specializes in the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of adolescents and young adults with mood and anxiety disorders, personality disorders, trauma-related disorders, and emotional dysregulation.
Mr. DeRoche has received specialized training in evidence-based interventions including dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), DBT Prolonged Exposure (DBT-PE) for PTSD, trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT), and motivational interviewing. He has extensive experience in community clinics and in private practice, and he has unique expertise in the treatment of traditionally underserved adolescents and LGBTQ+ adolescents and adults. He also has experience providing supervision to clinical social workers and mental health counselors. Most recently he served as Director of Mental Health Services within a federally qualified health center for adolescents and young adults.
Mr. DeRoche is deeply committed to serving children and families of all backgrounds and identities. He believes in evidence-based practice that recognizes the uniqueness of every person and course of treatment.
- Director of Mental Health Services, The Door – A Center of Alternatives, New York, NY
- Assistant Director of Clinical Services, The Door – A Center of Alternatives, New York, NY
- Private practice focusing on adolescents and adults with mood and anxiety disorders.
- Clinical Social Worker, Callen-Lorde Community Health Center, New York, NY
- Senior Mental Health Counselor, The Door – A Center of Alternatives, New York, NY
- Intern, Outpatient Psychotherapy, The Door and University Settlement, New York, NY
- MSW, New York University Silver School of Social Work
- BA, English and Comparative Literature, Columbia University