Jeff DeRoche, LCSW
Clinical Social Worker, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Brittany Barnett , Staff AssociateBrittany.email@example.com
Jeff DeRoche, LCSW, is a clinical social worker in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. He specializes in the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of adolescents and young adults with mood and anxiety disorders, personality disorders, trauma-related disorders, and emotional dysregulation.
Mr. DeRoche has received specialized training in evidence-based interventions including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT), and motivational interviewing. He is passionate about mindfulness-based interventions within the CBT tradition, and has experience running dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and other skills-based and therapeutic support groups in community mental health settings. His experience in community clinics and in private practice includes the treatment of traditionally underserved adolescents and LGBTQ+ adolescents and adults. He also has experience providing supervision to clinical social workers and mental health counselors. Most recently he served as Director of Mental Health Services within a federally qualified health center for adolescents and young adults.
Mr. DeRoche is deeply committed to serving children and families of all backgrounds and identities. He believes in evidence-based practice that recognizes the uniqueness of every person and course of treatment.
- Director of Mental Health Services, The Door – A Center of Alternatives, New York, NY
- Assistant Director of Clinical Services, The Door – A Center of Alternatives, New York, NY
- Private practice focusing on adolescents and adults with mood and anxiety disorders.
- Clinical Social Worker, Callen-Lorde Community Health Center, New York, NY
- Senior Mental Health Counselor, The Door – A Center of Alternatives, New York, NY
- Intern, Outpatient Psychotherapy, The Door and University Settlement, New York, NY
- MSW, New York University Silver School of Social Work
- BA, English and Comparative Literature, Columbia University