Jerry Bubrick, PhD, is the Director of the Intensive Pediatric OCD Program and a senior psychologist in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. He is a cognitive and behavioral psychologist who specializes in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Widely recognized for developing one of the world’s most intensive pediatric programs for OCD, he is a pioneer in using cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to treat children and teens with OCD and related anxiety disorders.
Dr. Bubrick has provided direct patient care, supervised psychiatric residents and trained child and adolescent psychiatrists and psychologists in the CBT treatment for anxiety disorders. He has led workshops on OCD and anxiety disorders, and in his role as a public lecturer he has presented at primary and secondary schools, academic medical centers, community health organizations and professional conferences. He also co-authored Overcoming Compulsive Hoarding, the first book ever written on the topic.
A dedicated advocate for children and their families, Dr. Bubrick is a significant public voice educating parents and teachers about the fear at the roots of anxiety — and how it’s effectively treated.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine
- Founder and Clinical Director, New Jersey Campus, NYU Child Study Center
- Psychologist, Manhattan location, NYU Child Study Center
- Psychologist and Behavioral Consultant, Bio-Behavioral Institute (a psychological and psychiatric clinic at the forefront of evidence-based treatments), Great Neck, NY
- Licensed Psychologist, private practice, Montclair, NJ
- School psychologist, Guggenheim Elementary School, Port Washington, NY
- PhD, Clinical and School Psychology, Hofstra University
- MA, Psychology, Hofstra University
- BA, Psychology, Boston University
Media & Public Outreach
- Sirius Satellite Radio
- Chicago Sun Times
- Washington Post
- Newsweek Magazine
- ABC Primetime
- Scientific American Mind
Featured expert in the documentaries “Angst” and “Like” by Indieflix films