Laura Phillips, PsyD, ABPdN
Clinical Neuropsychologist, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Ella Storey, Staff AssociateElla.firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Phillips, PsyD, ABPdN is a board certified clinical neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in the neuropsychological evaluation of children, adolescents and young adults with a wide range of conditions that impact learning, behavior and social-emotional functioning, including attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), learning disorders and social cognitive weaknesses. Also trained in the treatment of children with anxiety and mood disorders, Dr. Phillips conducts in-depth psychological assessments and thoughtfully considers the complex interaction between a child’s learning, emotions and school placement.
Through her training and work experiences, Dr. Phillips has worked closely with schools and specialists in the New York City metropolitan area, and consults with families about how to best meet the needs of their children. In addition to evaluations, her work with children, families and schools has included classroom observations to inform behavioral programs, teacher consultation, social skills curriculum development and remedial academic support.
Having trained and worked in a variety of settings, including public and private hospitals, a specialized school for children with language-based learning disabilities and a group practice, Dr. Phillips has both the passion and the expertise to help children and adolescents with complex developmental and neurological presentations meet their social, emotional and academic potential.
- Associate Neuropsychologist, ACM Associates, LLC
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Pediatric Neuropsychology, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center
- Clinical Intern, Jacobi Medical Center
- Clinical Extern, Child and Adolescent Track, Montefiore Medical Center
- Clinical Extern, Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Clinical Extern, Blythedale Children’s Hospital, Valhalla, NY
- School Extern, Churchill School and Center
- PsyD, School and Clinical Child Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- MS, School Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- BA, Psychology, Duke University
- American Board of Pediatric Neuropsychology