The Science of Reading: How Parents and Educators Can Support Kids
Moderator & Panelists
Join leading children’s mental health experts and educators for a special webinar focusing on the evidence-based approach to reading and how parents and educators can support kids with reading challenges.
- How to know when a child’s reading struggles could indicate a reading disability and where to find help
- Simple steps parents and educators can take to support their child’s reading struggles
- How to know if your school uses a Science of Reading approach
- How to help kids with the mental health challenges that co-occur with a learning disorder
- How to cope with your own stress and anxieties around learning challenges
The session will be recorded.
- Harold S. Koplewicz, MD, President and Medical Director, Child Mind Institute
- Matthew M. Cruger, PhD, Clinical Director, Senior Neuropsychologist, Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute
- Nanci Bell, MA, Co-Founder and Director of Lindamood-Bell® Learning Processes
- Laura Phillips, PsyD, ABPdN, Senior Director, Senior Neuropsychologist, Learning and Development Center, Child Mind Institute
- Jennifer Louie, PhD, Psychologist, Anxiety Disorders Center, Child Mind Institute
For more information on how kids learn to read, and what brain research tells us is the most effective way to teach them, look for the Children’s Mental Health Report for 2023 on childmind.org on Oct. 10.