Jennifer Louie, PhD, is a clinical psychologist in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Louie works with children, adolescents and their families on addressing anxiety and mood related issues. Her specializations include anxiety, OCD, trauma, behavioral problems, early childhood development and parenting.
Dr. Louie values using evidence-based approaches, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), trauma-focused CBT, and exposure and response prevention (ERP). In addition to providing individual, family and group therapy in typical outpatient settings, Dr. Louie has worked with children in intensive outpatient programs as well as school-based programs. She enjoys working closely with families to figure out the best parenting tools and coping skills for each family’s specific needs. Dr. Louie strongly believes in early intervention and nurturing children’s inherent resilience.
- Clinical Psychologist, Pacific Anxiety Group, Menlo Park, CA
- Clinical Psychologist, Child Psychiatry Department, Kaiser Permanente, Santa Clara – Cupertino, CA
- Psychology Post-doctoral Resident, Child Psychiatry Department, Kaiser Permanente, Santa Clara – Cupertino, CA
- Psychology Pre-doctoral Intern, Child/Family Track, Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services, Los Angeles, CA
- Psychology Extern, Intensive Outpatient Program, UCLA Child OCD & Anxiety Program, Semel Institute for Neuroscience & Human Behavior, Los Angeles, CA
- Psychology Extern, UCLA Training, Intervention, Education & Services (TIES) for Families, Los Angeles, CA
- PhD and MA, Clinical Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles
- MA and BA, Psychology, Stanford University