Lauren Latella, PhD
Associate Psychologist, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Emily Morse, Staff Associateemily.email@example.com
Lauren Latella, PhD, is an Associate Psychologist in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Latella has a strong background in evaluating and treating diverse populations of children, adolescents and young adults with behavioral, emotional, developmental and medical needs. She has specific training in evidence-based interventions including Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) for individuals diagnosed with mood, anxiety, personality and trauma-related disorders.
Dr. Latella also has extensive training in mindfulness-based interventions, gender-affirming psychotherapy and neuropsychological assessments. She has a special interest in working with children and their families coping with chronic illnesses. Dr. Latella’s research interests include the perceptions of mental and physical illness in children and adults. Dr. Latella is dedicated to providing scientifically-informed, holistic care to children, adolescents and young adults as well as their families through a social-justice and multicultural framework. She is committed to empowering clients to have a sense of agency in their treatment as well as reducing public stigma related to mental illness.
- Intern, Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center
- Extern, Pediatric Psycho-Oncology Program at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Extern, Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center at Montefiore Medical Center
- Extern, Brooklyn Learning Center
- PhD, Counseling Psychology, Graduate School of Education, Fordham University
- MSEd, Mental Health Counseling, Graduate School of Education, Fordham University
- BS, Human Development with minor degrees in Biology and Inequality Studies, College of Human Ecology, Cornell University