Lauren Wildes Ammar, MS
Clinical Extern, Anxiety Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Lauren Wildes Ammar, MS, is a clinical extern in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a fourth-year doctoral candidate in the Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology Program at the Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology at Yeshiva University. She has experience providing treatment to children and adolescents with a variety of mood and behavioral disorders, including anxiety disorders, selective mutism, depression, autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder, intellectual disability, and other cognitive and language-based learning disabilities.
Ms. Wildes Ammar has received training in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and psychodynamic psychotherapy and has provided individual, parent, and group therapy in clinical and school settings. She also has experience in conducting psychoeducational evaluations and providing feedback to families. She has held externship positions at the Seaver Autism Center for Research and Treatment at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and the Cooke Grammar School and has served as a Brave Buddies counselor at the Child Mind Institute. Ms. Wildes Ammar has also previously worked at the Big Apple Day Program where she provided evidence‐based behavioral intervention and social skills intervention within a milieu therapy setting for children with varying diagnoses. Her doctoral research focuses on Regulation Focused Psychotherapy for Children (RFP-C) and common defense mechanisms among children with disruptive behavior disorders.
- Clinical Extern, Seaver Autism Center for Research and Treatment at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- School Extern, Cooke Grammar School
- Student Clinician, Max and Celia Parnes Family Clinic, Yeshiva University, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- PsyD (Expected 2023), Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology, Yeshiva University, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- MS, School Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- BA, Barnard College, Columbia University, Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List