Pam Esperanza, MD, is both a pediatrician and child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Esperanza specializes in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychiatric disorders. Her clinical interests are focused on pediatric and adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), depression, and anxiety. She treats children, teens, and adults for psychotherapy and provides medication evaluation and management.
Dr. Esperanza completed her residency in general pediatrics and has practiced pediatrics and pediatric emergency medicine for a decade prior to advancing her training by completing a fellowship in general psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry.
Having practiced pediatrics, she brings a unique perspective on psychiatry. She blends her knowledge of child development, pediatric illness, and mental health to provide a comprehensive treatment plan for her patients.
Dr. Esperanza dedicates herself to working with adults and children of all ages. Her goal is to create a warm, safe, and secure environment for her patients. Dr. Esperanza believes in developing a partnership with her patients and families where treatment is individually tailored.
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Weill Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Physician, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Psychiatry Specialty Center
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics – Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Physician, Pediatrician of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Inpatient Service at the New York-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center
- Attending Physician, Pediatric Emergency Medicine in the Division of Emergency Medicine at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Pediatrician, Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center, Hawaii
- Fellow, Post Pediatric Portal Program, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and General Psychiatry Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- Resident, General Pediatrics, New York Medical College
- Intern, General Pediatrics Schneider Children’s Hospital Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- MD, Rush University Medical College
- BA, University of California, Berkeley
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry