Rachel Vaughn, LCSW, MS, is a clinical extern in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a rising fourth-year doctoral student in the School Psychology Program at St. John’s University. Prior to her doctoral training, Ms. Vaughn received her master’s degree in social work at Case Western Reserve University. She has experience providing treatment to children, adolescents and young adults with anxiety disorders, mood disorders, ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and cognitive and language-based learning disabilities. Her prior treatment work has included cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and mindfulness-based techniques and social skills interventions.
Ms. Vaughn has provided individual therapy, parent-child therapy, and group and family therapy in clinical and school settings. Prior to graduate school, Ms. Vaughn held a leadership position at a community mental health agency in North Carolina providing intensive in-home services for youth that were at risk of out-of-home placement. She has held an externship position at Great Neck North Middle School. Her doctoral research examines clinical supervision training in school psychology graduate programs.
- School Extern, Great Neck North Middle School
- Student Therapist, Center for Psychological Services, St. John’s University
- Student Evaluator, Center for Psychological Services, St. John’s University
- PsyD (expected 2023), School Psychology, St. John’s University
- MS, School Psychology, St. John’s University
- LCSW, Case Western Reserve University
- BSW, Social Work, University of North Carolina at Greensboro