Sara Ben-Zvi is a clinical extern in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a rising third-year doctoral candidate in the School Psychology program at Rutgers University. Ms. Ben-Zvi has received training in differential diagnosis and providing evidence-based treatments, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and emotionally focused therapy (EFT). She has experience assessing and providing treatment to children, adolescents and adults with generalized anxiety disorder, adjustment disorder, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), depression, selective mutism and trauma.
Ms. Ben-Zvi has provided individual, couples and group therapy in both clinical and school-based settings. Her doctoral research examines the interaction between initial skill level and type of instruction in predicting positive academic outcomes.
- Clinical Extern, Youth Anxiety and Depression Clinic (YAD-C) at Rutgers University
- School Extern, Eisenhower Intermediate School
- Student Clinician, Center for Psychological Services, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- Mentor, WeSpeak, Child and Adolescent Anxiety Practice
- Crisis Counselor, Crisis Text Line
- PsyD (expected 2023), Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- BA, Brooklyn College, City University of New York (CUNY)