Stephanie A. Lee, PsyD
Senior Director, ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center; Interim Senior Director, Autism Center
Child Mind Institute
Jenna Borenstein, Staff Associatejenna.email@example.com
Stephanie A. Lee, PsyD, is the interim Senior Director of the Autism Center and the Senior Director of the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She has extensive experience working with children, adolescents and young adults across home, school and community settings. Dr. Lee specializes in working with individuals with autism spectrum disorder, developmental disabilities and related behavioral difficulties as well as caregivers struggling to manage problem behaviors.
Before joining the team at the Child Mind Institute, Dr. Lee was a staff psychologist and Director of Clinical Services for the Behavior Management Clinic within the Kennedy Krieger Institute. In her tenure at this position, Dr. Lee provided family and individual services for children with disruptive behavioral issues as well as direct clinical supervision. Dr. Lee trained and supervised over 40 graduate and postdoctoral trainees and received the Faculty Mentor of the Year award in 2014 and 2015.
Dr. Lee is passionate about her clinical work and has a strong foundation in evidence-based behavioral and cognitive behavioral treatments (CBT) for both internalizing and externalizing issues, including specialized training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). She has extensive experience with functional based assessment (FBA), functional communication training (FCT), severe behavioral issues, feeding concerns, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) and other parent management training (PMT) programs. Dr. Lee has developed specific expertise as a level 1 PCIT trainer and she is a dedicated coach for parents and teachers.
Dr. Lee has more than 10+ years of experience assisting caregivers in developing evidence-based individualized interventions. Dr. Lee’s approach is data-driven and effective in improving the lives of the individuals and families with whom she works.
- Supervising Psychologist, Center for Anxiety, Brooklyn, NY
- Director of Clinical Services, Fairmount Location, Behavior Management Clinic (BMC) at Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD
- Staff Psychologist, Behavior Management Clinic (BMC) at Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Pediatric Developmental Disabilities (PDD) Clinic, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine/Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Intern, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Track, Neurobehavioral Unit/Pediatric Feeding Disorders Clinic, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine/Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Graduate Student Therapist, Youth Anxiety and Depression Clinic at Rutgers University
- Graduate Student Therapist, Natural Setting Therapeutic Management (NSTM) Project at Rutgers University
- PsyD, School Psychology, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- PsyM, School Psychology, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- BA, Psychology, State University of New York at Geneseo