Tess Crane, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Anxiety Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Caroline Gabriele, Staff Associatecaroline.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tess M. Crane, LCSW, is a clinical social worker in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute.
Ms. Crane has a specialized interest in the treatment of children, adolescents and young adults with anxiety disorders including generalized anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and social anxiety. She also has experience working with individuals with depression and other mood and behavior disorders.
Ms. Crane has received training in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing (MI), trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT), and Structural Family Therapy (SFT). She has experience providing individual, group and family therapy to children, adolescents and young adults in residential foster care, private practice and school settings. Her experience includes collaborating with teachers and youth development staff to ensure best practice. Ms. Crane utilizes a strengths-based perspective to motivate children and families to achieve their goals and reach their fullest potential. She is also passionate about creating and facilitating skill groups and support groups for children and families.
- Social Worker, Lenox Hill Neighborhood House: Early Childhood Center
- Social Worker, Private Practice: Adolescents and Young Adults
- Social Worker, Good Shepherd Services: Marian Hall Community Residence for adolescent women
- LMSW, New York University Silver School of Social Work
- BA, Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois