Conduct a robust landscape analysis to assess mental health care needs; assess barriers to care, understand clinical practice; standards of care; and training needs from mental health and psychosocial care providers and opportunities for training.
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Initiative
Πρωτοβουλία για την Ψυχική Υγεία Παιδιών και Εφήβων
Empowering children, adolescents and families in Greece with the mental health resources they need to thrive.
Improving Young People’s Access to Mental Health Services in Greece
Children and adolescents in Greece, like their peers around the world, face a troubling lack of access to mental health care. The Child Mental Health Initiative seeks to address this by combining local and international expertise to empower frontline professionals and enhance care.
Child Mental Health Network
Establish a country-wide Child Mental Health Network
Raise awareness about mental health
Increase access to evidence-based mental health resources
Enhance capacity for delivering science-supported mental health care
Develop technological resources to deliver tools and care digitally
We aspire to provide families important mental health support and offer free, evidence-based trainings to help facilitate science-based care throughout Greece.
To achieve this, the Initiative has five mutually reinforcing components:
Build partnerships between clinicians across the country and internationally.
Create a country-wide network on Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMH) to enhance national capacity for caring for complex and acute cases, and pave the way for the uptake and scaling of science-based practices.
Deliver a basic and specialized training program supported by science.
- The basic training program provides vital information about mental health and child protection to professionals working with children.
- Specialized trainings focus on evidence-based psychotherapeutic treatments, increase the capacity to deliver effective, scalable, measurable, and science-supported mental health care to children and adolescents in Greece.
Develop and implement a digital platform and clinical technology in tele-mental-health:
- Facilitate free remote trainings
- Disseminate free resources to individuals regardless of where they are
- Share all data collected in the landscape analysis and related research
- Build a nationwide, multidisciplinary network of professionals
- Support community building and engagement for parents, youth, and healthcare professionals
- House anti-stigma campaigns for the Greek community
- Take mental health assessments and care beyond the clinical setting, making them more accessible to remote areas