Alex Bellantuono, PhD, is a neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute and is a New York State certified school psychologist. During the course of his doctoral training in school psychology, Dr. Bellantuono has accumulated experience conducting neuropsychological evaluations of children with ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, learning disorders and social-emotional difficulties. He has had the opportunity to work with youth in a variety of settings including schools, residential treatment centers, outpatient clinics and inpatient units. Dr. Bellantuono is a strong advocate for children and is dedicated to providing recommendations that are ideally matched to the needs of children and their families.
Dr. Bellantuono also has expertise providing individual psychotherapy to children and adolescents with marked behavioral difficulties, post-traumatic stress disorder and mood disorders. As a school psychologist, Dr. Bellantuono has consulted with teachers and administrators to plan and implement classroom-wide behavioral interventions. In this role, Dr. Bellantuono has also collaborated with teachers to develop academic interventions based on the results of neuropsychological and psychoeducational assessments.
Dr. Bellantuono has published original research comparing the psychological functioning of trauma-exposed children with and without PTSD. He has co-presented workshops about PTSD in children and adolescents at professional conferences across the country and for the New York City Department of Education.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Clinical Neuropsychology, Child Mind Institute
- Psychology Intern, Andrus Children’s Center, Campus Division
- Neuropsychology Extern, Child Mind Institute
- Psychology Extern, CBT/DBT Associates
- School Psychology Extern, Rockville Centre School District
- Psychology Extern, New York City Children’s Center, Queens Campus
- School Psychology Practicum, Xavier High School
- School Psychology Practicum, Dean Hope Center for Educational and Psychological Services
- PhD, School Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- EdM, School Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- BA, Psychology, Hunter College