Amanda Wagner, PhD, is a clinical neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Wagner has experience providing neuropsychological evaluations to individuals across a broad age range, from infants to young adults. She has worked with individuals who have a wide variety of complex neurodevelopmental concerns, including genetic disorders, developmental delays, ADHD and learning disorders. She has also worked with children with a range of complex medical conditions and has served in specialty clinics for children with craniofacial anomalies, epilepsy, cancer, brain tumors and traumatic brain injuries. Dr. Wagner strives to conduct individualized evaluations to best understand each child’s strengths and weaknesses, and provide tailored recommendations to optimize academic, social and emotional functioning.
Dr. Wagner has also provided follow-up evaluations for children who are in acute recovery following hospitalization in a pediatric intensive care unit (ICU). Before coming to the Child Mind Institute, Dr. Wagner helped to develop a screening clinic to help identify children in need of further evaluation and intervention following ICU hospitalization. She has published in peer-reviewed journals on the assessment and treatment of Post-Intensive Care Syndrome (PICS) in children and families following neurocritical care.
Dr. Wagner completed her neuropsychological training in diverse settings including academic medical centers, pediatric hospitals and inpatient neuro-rehabilitation facilities. Dr. Wagner also has experience providing educational evaluations in school settings. Her background in school psychology allows her to collaborate with teachers and school-based professionals to tailor specific academic, behavioral and social-emotional interventions that enhance a child’s functioning.
- Neuropsychology Fellow, Chief Resident, Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU), Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Institute on Development and Disability, Portland, Oregon
- Neuropsychology Intern, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, Miami, Florida
- Neuropsychology Extern, OHSU, Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, ADHD Clinic, Portland, Oregon
- Psychology Extern, Morrison Child and Family Services, Gresham, Oregon
- Neuropsychology Extern, Dell Children’s Medical Center, Children’s Blood and Cancer Center, Austin, Texas
- Neuropsychology Extern, Texas NeuroRehab Center, Austin, Texas
- Psychology Extern, Georgetown ISD, Georgetown, Texas
- PhD, School Psychology, Emphasis in Neuropsychology, University of Texas at Austin
- MA, School Psychology, University of Texas at Austin
- BA, Psychology, San Diego State University