San Francisco Bay Area Clinical Center
Coming Fall 2019 — the Child Mind Institute is pleased to announce the opening of a new clinical center to provide evidence-based treatment and school and community programs for children and adolescents in in San Mateo, California.
Our multidisciplinary team of child and adolescent psychiatrists, psychologists, neuropsychologists and social workers are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of emotional, behavioral and developmental issues. We will provide evaluations, treatment and behavioral coaching and interventions for:
- Anxiety disorders
- Depression and mood disorders
- Impulsive behaviors and tantrums
- Learning disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Phobias and fears
- School refusal
- Selective mutism
- Separation anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Trauma and stress
Meet the Clinical Director
Mark Reinecke, PhD is a clinical psychologist, researcher and former president of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy with over 35 years of experience. Dr. Reinecke’s research and clinical interests center on understanding and treating depression and anxiety in children and adolescents. He is the author of numerous books, including Cognitive Therapy Across the Lifespan and Little Ways to Keep Calm and Carry On.
School, Community and Parent Programs
In addition to our clinical care, the Child Mind Institute will introduce school, community and parent programs to inform and inspire healthy dialogue about children’s mental health.
Intervention and Professional Development
Our Student Success Program services are focused on supporting children with mental health and learning disorders through in-school support for students, training for educators and workshops for families. Services include:
- Group treatment for students struggling with attention or behavior in the classroom
- Group treatment for students exposed to trauma
- Student workshops on social-emotional skills, social problem-solving and mindfulness
- Educator consultation, coaching and professional development
- Crisis consultation, resources and support for communities
Parent and Staff Workshops
Our workshops provide parents and school staff with a combination of evidence-based research and actionable strategies to promote mental health in youth. Offered live or via webinar, topics include:
- Behavior management
- Bullying and cyberbullying
- Mental health 101
- Mindful parenting strategies
- Social media, screen time and limit sitting
For more information about our parent and school talks, email email@example.com.