Angela Dewey, PhD, is a neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Dewey’s training and background combine school psychology with neuropsychological assessment to inform her diagnosis of neurodevelopmental and psychiatric disorders, including ADHD, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, nonverbal learning disorder, anxiety, and depression. Dr. Dewey has extensive experience working with children, adolescents, and young adults at every level of education, from preschool through college. She has had the opportunity to work in a variety of settings including special education schools, day treatment centers, and outpatient clinics. With her background in school psychology, Dr. Dewey is adept at helping families understand their children’s learning and mental health needs, assisting parents in navigating the special education process, and consulting with teachers and other school personnel. Her goal is to help all students utilize their strengths to reach their full learning potential and achieve success in all aspects of their lives.
In addition to her assessment experience, Dr. Dewey also specializes in providing evidence-based treatments for individuals with neurodevelopmental disabilities and emotional and behavioral disorders. Through individual psychotherapy, executive functioning support, and academic remediation, Dr. Dewey provides support for students struggling with issues related to ADHD and learning disorders. Throughout her career, she has maintained a steadfast commitment to providing comprehensive clinical services and advocating for youth and their families.
Dr. Dewey is also an adjunct assistant professor of psychology and education at Teachers College, Columbia University, where she teaches graduate-level coursework related to the empirical foundation for and clinical use of psychological assessments.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Clinical Neuropsychology, The Brooklyn Learning Center
- Psychology Intern, Astor Services for Children and Families
- School Psychology Extern, Bronxville Union Free School District
- Psychology Extern, Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center (CERC), Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- School Psychology Practicum, Xavier High School
- School Psychology Practicum, Dean Hope Center for Educational and Psychological Services
- PhD, School Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- EdM, School Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- BA, Psychology, Villanova University