Angelica Tsakas, MS
Clinical Extern, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Angelica Tsakas, MS, is a clinical extern at the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a fourth-year doctoral candidate in the Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology Program at Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology at Yeshiva University. Ms. Tsakas has experience providing treatment to children, adolescents and adults with generalized anxiety disorders, depression, post-traumatic stress, personality disorders, ADHD, disruptive behaviors and autism spectrum disorders. Ms. Tsakas has also completed trainings in Regulation Focused Psychotherapy for Children (RFP-C) and Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT).
Ms. Tsakas has provided individual and group therapy in clinical and school settings. She has held externship positions at the New York Center for Children (NYCC) and Pleasantville Middle School. Prior to her doctoral training, Ms. Tsakas worked as a Staff Associate at the NYU Child Study Center. Her doctoral research examines the role of the therapeutic alliance within child psychotherapy.
- Clinical Psychology Extern, New York Center for Children (NYCC)
- School Psychology Extern, Pleasantville Middle School, Pleasantville Union Free School District
- Student Clinician, Max and Celia Parnes Family Clinic, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- PsyD (Expected 2022), Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- MS, School Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- BA, Psychology, Skidmore College