Anny Yang, PhD
Wydnne Cadena, Staff Associatewydnne.email@example.com
Anny Yang, PhD, is an associate neuropsychologist. She specializes in the evaluation and treatment of learning, behavioral and academic disorders in children, adolescents and adults.
Dr. Yang has specific interest and expertise in conducting in-depth diagnostic, developmental, neuropsychological and personality assessments of young children and individuals across the lifespan. She specializes in the evaluation and treatment of ADHD, learning disabilities, executive dysfunction and social/emotional challenges. Also trained in the treatment of children and adults with anxiety and mood disorders, Dr. Yang conducts her assessments with thoughtful considerations of the interactions between a child’s cognitive and social/emotional functioning in order to inform how best to foster growth, success and overall well-being. She has also had extensive experience providing both assessments and treatment of traumatic brain injuries as well as children who have undergone cancer treatment.
Along with evaluating and treating children, she has provided assessments, cognitive remediation, psychotherapy and family therapy to adults with a variety of complex medical disorders and severe mental health disorders.
Her research interests include ethnic differences in the experience of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in veterans, and neurocognitive effects in pediatric oncology patients.
- Intern, Neuropsychology and Cognitive Rehabilitation, Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Clinical Pediatric Neuropsychology Extern, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, UCLA
- Clinical Adult and Pediatric Neuropsychology Extern, Department of Psychiatry, Pediatric Oncology Department and ADHD/School Clinic, Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center
- Clinical Extern, Hollywood Mental Health Center (a community mental health center for adults with severe mental health disorders)
- Lifeline Counselor, the Trevor Project (a 24-hour lifeline for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth)
- Child care worker, Olive Crest Treatment Centers (a residential group home for at-risk transition-age youth)
- PhD, California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University, Los Angeles
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Alliant International University, Los Angeles
- BA, Psychology and Social Behavior, University of California, Irvine