Breanna Myers, LMSW
Clinical Social Worker, School and Community Programs
Child Mind Institute
Breanna Myers, LMSW, is a clinical social worker for School and Community Programs team at the Child Mind Institute. She received her master’s degree in social work from New York University with a focus on clinical services and integrated behavioral health care for youth. She has experience providing trauma-informed care and breaking down barriers to mental health treatment for marginalized youth and adults in New York City. Breanna has experience with evidence-based interventions such as motivational interviewing, CBT and TF-CBT.
Breanna’s clinical experience is varied and includes time spent providing individual and group therapeutic services to survivors of domestic violence, working in a 6th–12th grade girls’ school in Brooklyn, and providing outpatient mental health services to adults with serious and persistent mental illness and substance use disorders. Breanna is committed to ensuring that traditionally under-resourced communities have access to effective, evidence-based mental health services.
- Social Worker, Urban Resource Institute
- Clinical Intern, Young Women’s Leadership Network, YWLN Bushwick School
- Clinical Intern, Institute for Community Living, East New York PROS
- MSW, Clinical Social Work, New York University, New York, NY
- BS, Sociology, Virginia Polytechnic & State University, Blacksburg, VA