Caroline Freden, BS, is a psychology extern in the Autism Center at the Child Mind Institute. She has been trained in various evidence-based treatments, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and social skills-based approaches. Additionally, Caroline has experience conducting neuropsychological, diagnostic, and educational assessments.
Prior to joining the Child Mind Institute, Caroline worked as the lead research coordinator at the Social Competence and Treatment Lab at Stony Brook University, helping to facilitate several active, nationally funded studies, including the provision of SENSE, a peer-mediated theater intervention. Caroline is interested in dissemination and implementation science research that aims to increase public awareness and acceptance of autism, as well as research that explores gender differences in the presentation and diagnosis of autism.
- Research Coordinator, Stony Brook University
- Research Assistant, The University of Texas at Austin
- MA, Clinical Psychology (expected 2024), Montclair State University
- BS, Psychology, The University of Texas at Austin
- BS, Biology, The University of Texas at Austin