Caroline Mendel, PsyD, is the Senior Director of Clinical Services for School and Community Programs and a psychologist in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in the assessment and treatment of youth with ADHD, disruptive behavior, and other co-occurring conditions. She is skilled in behavioral parent training approaches and is a certified parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT) therapist. She also has experience providing evidence-based interventions including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT), and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
As Director of Clinical Services for School and Community Programs, Dr. Mendel oversees service delivery and leads a bicoastal team of clinicians providing clinical care in high-need public schools in New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area. She has expertise in providing school consultation, training school staff, and giving workshops to educators, administrators and school board members.
Dr. Mendel was on the founding team of the Child Mind Institute. As Public Education Manager, she was project manager for the launch of childmind.org and spearheaded events and campaigns designed to destigmatize mental health and provide evidence-based information to caregivers, educators and community members. She remains committed to increasing access to care and promoting the dissemination and implementation of evidence-based interventions.
- Intern, Child Track, Columbia University Medical Center/New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Extern, Pediatric Psychology, Rusk Rehabilitation at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Extern, School-Based Mental Health Program, Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York Presbyterian
- Extern, Tourette Syndrome Program, Rutgers University
- Evaluator & Group Leader, Depression Prevention Initiative, Rutgers University
- PsyD, Clinical Psychology, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- PsyM, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- BA, Psychology with Distinction, University of Pennsylvania