Carolyn Moriarty, LCSW
Clinical Social Worker, Student Success Program
Child Mind Institute, San Francisco Bay Area
Carolyn Moriarty, LCSW, is a Clinical Social Worker in the Student Success Program at the Child Mind Institute, San Francisco Bay Area. Ms. Moriarty has experience working with students from preschool to high school age with a wide range of diagnoses, including ASD, ADHD, anxiety, major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder and PTSD. She has delivered therapeutic services in home, school and clinical settings.
Ms. Moriarty began her social work career in Philadelphia, where she gained experience treating middle school-age children significantly impacted by mental health issues and barriers to treatment. She then worked with children involved in criminal justice proceedings and in dependency cases as a Child Advocate and finally with parents struggling with mental health and addiction issues that impacted custody of their children. Ms. Moriarty has most recently worked in the San Mateo-Foster City School District in the Autism Support program, supporting both students and teachers with behavior and classroom management strategies. She strongly believes in helping children through cooperation and consistency in the network of student, parents, teacher and school support services.
- Behaviorist, Autism Support, San Mateo-Foster City School District
- Therapist, Lenape Valley Foundation
- Social Worker, Family Service Association of Bucks County
- Child Advocate Social Worker, Support Center for Child Advocates
- Therapist, Wordsworth Academy, Philadelphia
- Clinical Intern, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Clinical Intern, The Mill Creek School
- MSS, Clinical Social Work, Bryn Mawr School of Social Work and Social Research
- MSLP, Law and Social Policy, Bryn Mawr School of Social Work and Social Research
- BA, Psychology and Communication, University of Pennsylvania