Emma C. Woodward, PhD, is a clinical child psychologist in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Woodward has a specialized interest in the evaluation and clinical care of children and families managing anxiety disorders, including social anxiety, selective mutism, separation anxiety, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). She also has specialized experience with youth managing gender dysphoria.
Dr. Woodward has been extensively trained in cognitive behavioral therapy, with specialty training in exposure and response prevention (CBT-ERP), aimed at relieving the symptoms of OCD and anxiety disorders. She has experience with individual, family and group therapy in diverse settings including children’s hospitals, outpatient clinics and community mental health clinics. Dr. Woodward’s past work includes assessment and treatment of OCD and anxiety disorders in youth ages 5-18 years old. She has also co-authored several scholarly articles for several journals, including Journal of Anxiety Disorders and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, related to youth anxiety outcomes.
Dr. Woodward is passionate about helping children and families learn strategies to manage and overcome difficulties related to anxiety and restore hope for a brighter future.
- Graduate Research Assistant, Child Temperament, Thoughts, and Emotions Lab, University of Houston
- Graduate Research Assistant, Interpersonal Emotions Lab, American University
- Research Assistant, Center for Developmental Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Research Assistance, Breakefield Molecular Neurogenetics Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital- Harvard University
- Public Health Scholar, Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Community Programs Intern, SAMHSA, Department of Health and Human Services
- Psychology Intern, Lepage Associates
- Volunteer, Central Regional Hospital, Butner, NC
- Volunteer, SAFEchild NC
- Psychology Intern, Middlesex Health Hospital, Family Advocacy Program
- Extern, Texas Children’s Hospital, Obsessive-Compulsive and Anxiety Disorders Program
- Extern, Texas Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Psychology
- Advanced Graduate Clinician, Sleep and Anxiety Center of Houston
- Student Assessor, Adolescent Diagnosis Assessment and Prevention Treatment Center
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Clinical Child Track, University of Houston
- MA, Clinical Psychology, University of Houston
- MA, Psychology, American University
- BA, Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill