Evelyn M. Ramirez, PhD, is a neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Ramirez specializes in the neuropsychological evaluation and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults with a wide range of neurodevelopmental conditions, including ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, language disorder, specific learning disorders, and other developmental conditions. She also specializes in assessing and treating psychiatric comorbidities that are common among individuals with these conditions. She has particular interest in the assessment of children and adolescents from multi-lingual and multi-ethnic backgrounds.
Dr. Ramirez has had diverse training experiences within academic medical centers, including inpatient and outpatient settings in psychiatry, neurology, neurosurgery, and medical rehabilitation. These experiences contribute to additional expertise in working with children with complex medical presentations, including epilepsy, cancer and brain tumor, traumatic brain injury, and diverse neurological conditions. Dr. Ramirez’s approach is warm, supportive, and collaborative throughout the process, from the diagnostic intake and testing sessions to the discussion of treatment recommendations.
Dr. Ramirez is a bilingual, bicultural, English/Spanish-speaking clinician, who takes a culturally sensitive and anti-racist approach when conceptualizing each case. She carefully considers the various facets that contribute to a child’s identity and the intersectionality of those facets. Dr. Ramirez is also sensitive to each family system and its cultural values. She utilizes these tenets as a framework when interpreting data and crafting treatment plans that are aligned with each child and family’s specific goals, beliefs, and values. Dr. Ramirez is dedicated to understanding each child’s individual needs, providing a personalized road map for their unique learning profile, and helping cultivate environments in which they can achieve their fullest potential.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Pediatric Neuropsychology, Promise Program, Columbia University Irving Medical Center/New York Presbyterian
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Clinical Neuropsychology, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles
- Predoctoral Intern, Pediatric Neuropsychology, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles
- Clinical Neuropsychology Extern, Weill Cornell Medical Center/New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Clinical Neuropsychology Extern, Institute for Learning and Academic Achievement, The Child Study Center at New York University Langone Medical Center
- Clinical Neuropsychology Extern, Mount Sinai Epilepsy Center, Mount Sinai Hospital
- PhD in Psychology, Graduate Center at the City University of New York
- BA in Psychology, Macaulay Honors College at Hunter College, City University of New York