Hyein Lee, PsyD, BCBA
Hyein Lee, PsyD, BCBA, is postdoctoral fellow and an associate psychologist in the Autism Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Lee received her doctoral degree in clinical psychology from the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology at Rutgers University, with a special focus on diagnosis and intervention for autism spectrum disorder and neurodevelopmental disabilities. She completed an APA-accredited internship at AHRC NYC Family and Clinical Services, providing mental health services for individuals and families impacted by intellectual and developmental disabilities across their lifespans. Dr. Lee has held board certification from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board since 2021.
Dr. Lee is dedicated to evaluating and treating children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder, neurodevelopmental disabilities, and co-occurring conditions, such as social skills deficits, disruptive behaviors, emotional dysregulation, and anxiety. She is also passionate about supporting caregivers and families by providing emotional support, psychoeducation, and strategies to generalize skills to a variety of settings and manage challenging behaviors at home. Dr. Lee has extensive experience in evidence-based interventions including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), applied behavioral analysis (ABA), behavioral parent training, and comprehensive behavioral intervention for tics (CBIT). Dr. Lee values an individualized and strengths-based approach to helping individuals and families meet their goals.
- Pre-Doctoral Intern, AHRC NYC Family and Clinical Services, New York, NY
- Graduate Student Extern, Autism Center, Child Mind Institute, New York, NY
- Graduate Student Extern, Tourette Syndrome Clinic, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Graduate Student Extern, Douglass Developmental Disabilities Center, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Program, New Brunswick, NJ
- PsyD, Clinical Psychology, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- PsyM, Clinical Psychology, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- BA, Psychology, Yonsei University
Ready to Get Started?
Request an Appointment
Please complete the form below or call us at 877.203.3452 to request an appointment with one of our expert clinicians. A member of our intake team will follow up with you.