Jessica Watson, PhD, is an associate neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute.
Dr. Watson has provided neuropsychological assessment and therapy services to patients across the lifespan within a wide range of school, clinical, and research-based settings. Dr. Watson has extensive experience in the neuropsychological assessment of children, adolescents, and young adults, including those who experience complex medical challenges and neurodevelopmental disorders, such as ADHD and autism, and specific learning disabilities. Prior to joining the Child Mind Institute, Dr. Watson served as a neuropsychological evaluator for four years at the Stanford School of Medicine’s Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience Lab, providing assessments to children with ADHD, autism, and learning disabilities, as well as typically developing children. She also has experience assessing young athletes through a pediatric sports concussion program.
Although her passion is working with young patients, Dr. Watson has also trained with adults within a VA setting. She has provided neuropsychological assessments to veterans with cognitive concerns, as well as conducted CRATER therapy, a form of cognitive remediation that is designed to improve the daily functioning of veterans with mild to moderate cognitive impairment. Dr. Watson has also published in peer-reviewed journals, including a first-author manuscript that helps distinguish between the statistical and clinical significance of low scores in cognitive assessment.
Dr. Watson takes a strengths-based approach to assessment. She has experience consulting with teachers and other school personnel, and she has been an active participant in students’ IEP meetings, advocating for their needs. Dr. Watson is committed to supporting young patients’ educational and emotional development by providing practical solutions to difficult problems.
- Neuropsychological Assessor, Stanford Brain Development Project, Stanford School of Medicine, Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience Lab (Palo Alto, CA)
- Intern, Community Health Awareness Council (Mountain View, CA)
- Practicum Trainee, Neuropsychological Assessment and Intervention Clinic, Palo Alto VA (Palo Alto, CA)
- Practicum Trainee, UCSF Medical Center (San Francisco, CA)
- Practicum Trainee, Community Health Awareness Council (Mountain View, CA)
- Practicum Trainee, San Jose VA Outpatient Clinic (San Jose, CA)
- Practicum Trainee, Gronowski Center at Palo Alto University (Los Altos, CA)
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Emphasis in Neuropsychology, Palo Alto University
- BS, Statistics, Minor in Psychology, California Polytechnic State University