Jill Emanuele, PhD
Senior Director, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Ruby Paisner, Staff AssociateRuby.Paisner@childmind.org
Jill M. Emanuele, PhD is the senior director of the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She has a breadth of experience in the evaluation and treatment of children, adolescents, young adults, and adults with mood disorders, as well as the spectrum of psychiatric disorders, with a special focus on complex presentations. Dr. Emanuele has expertise in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), family therapy and mindfulness training, and she has experience with diverse populations of children, adolescents and their families.
Dr. Emanuele is intensively trained in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), with 18 years of experience in providing individual and group DBT to adolescents and their families, while supervising and teaching students and clinicians in providing DBT services. Dr. Emanuele is also intensively trained in a new adaptation of DBT for children and preadolescents. In addition, she has presented at academic medical centers, professional conferences, public and private schools, and community organizations on the topics of mindfulness, adolescent depression and suicide, adolescent self-injury, DBT, and adolescent borderline personality disorder, and co-authored book chapters on some of these important topics.
Dr. Emanuele is dedicated to increasing public education and disseminating empirically supported treatments for mood and anxiety disorders, and mindfulness-based interventions. She is devoted to providing children and adolescents exceptional treatment that builds a strong foundation for growth, self-discovery and success in every individual.
Learn more about Dr. Emanuele’s work and see articles and blog posts where she is featured.
- Treatment Team Leader and Licensed Psychologist, Bronx Children’s Psychiatric Center
- Clinical Psychologist in private practice in Manhattan
- Attending Psychologist and Director of Psychological Assessment, Child Outpatient Department/Adolescent and Depression Suicide Program, Montefiore Medical Center
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Licensed Psychologist, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Post-doctoral Fellow in Child Clinical Psychology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Pre-doctoral Psychology Intern in Clinical Child Psychology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Extern, Children’s National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Extern, Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court
- Extern, The Hospital for Sick Children, Washington, DC
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, George Mason University
- MA, Psychology, George Mason University
- BS, Psychology, University of Richmond
- BA, Music, University of Richmond
Outreach and Media
- Huffington Post Live
- am New York
- WNYW Fox 5
- Huffington Post