Jill M. Emanuele, PhD is the Vice-President, Clinical Training at the Child Mind Institute. She has a breadth of experience in the evaluation and treatment of children, adolescents, young adults, and adults with mood disorders, as well as the spectrum of psychiatric disorders, with a special focus on complex presentations. Dr. Emanuele has significant expertise in evidence-based treatments including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), radically open DBT (RO DBT), family therapy, and mindfulness training. She is intensively trained in DBT, including DBT-C for children, with over 20 years of experience in providing adherent DBT to youth and their families. Dr. Emanuele is a member of CMI’s Leadership Team and serves in administrative leadership roles, including formerly as the Senior Director of the Mood Disorders Center. Dr. Emanuele has extensive experience in supervising and training clinicians and trainees in multiple disciplines and relishes developing training opportunities for clinicians and clinical programs that serve youth.
In addition, Dr. Emanuele has presented at academic medical centers, professional conferences, public and private schools, and community organizations on the topics of clinical leadership and supervision, mindfulness, adolescent depression and suicide, adolescent self-injury, DBT, and adolescent borderline personality disorder, and co-authored book chapters on some of these important topics. She is a member of several professional organizations and provides education through multiple forms of media including television, radio, internet, and podcasts.
Dr. Emanuele is dedicated to increasing public education and disseminating empirically supported treatments for youth, particularly mood and anxiety disorders, and mindfulness-based interventions. She is devoted to providing youth exceptional treatment that builds a strong foundation for growth, self-discovery and success in every individual.
Learn more about Dr. Emanuele’s work and see articles and blog posts where she is featured.
- Treatment Team Leader and Licensed Psychologist, Bronx Children’s Psychiatric Center
- Clinical Psychologist in private practice in Manhattan
- Attending Psychologist and Director of Psychological Assessment, Child Outpatient Department/Adolescent and Depression Suicide Program, Montefiore Medical Center
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Licensed Psychologist, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Post-doctoral Fellow in Child Clinical Psychology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Pre-doctoral Psychology Intern in Clinical Child Psychology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Extern, Children’s National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Extern, Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court
- Extern, The Hospital for Sick Children, Washington, DC
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, George Mason University
- MA, Psychology, George Mason University
- BS, Psychology, University of Richmond
- BA, Music, University of Richmond
Outreach and Media
- NBC Nightly News
- WCBS-TV and radio
- The Washington Post
- New York Daily News
- am New York
- WNYW Fox 5
- Huffington Post