Jodi Musoff, MA, MEd
Educational Specialist, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Allegra Gold, Staff AssociateAllegra.Gold@childmind.org
Jodi Musoff is an educational specialist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is an expert in intervention and crafts remediation plans for children with a range of learning challenges. Before working in New York City schools, Jodi gained firsthand experience as an educator and a learning specialist. She has provided extensive academic interventions for children with learning disorders.
Jodi has a wealth of knowledge of the landscape of schools in the New York City area and advises families on the most appropriate school setting to optimize learning. Prior to coming to Child Mind Institute, Jodi worked as an assistant principal at an independent elementary school, where she created programs that led to early identification of learning challenges and supported students with conditions that impacted learning. Jodi worked closely with parents, advising on interventions and alternate school placements.
Jodi has also worked as an administrator in a broad range of independent schools in Washington D.C. and New York City. She studied and executed different models for leadership, supervision and communication that allowed her to enact positive change within various school communities. With over 20 years of experience, she is exceptionally equipped to advise on discussions that pertain to curriculum and best practices for supporting students.
- Assistant Principal of Student Supports, Ethical Culture Fieldston School, New York, NY
- Literacy Specialist, National Presbyterian School, Washington, D.C.
- Head of Lower and Middle School Support Services, Bullis School, Potomac, MD
- Learning Specialist, Columbia Grammar and Prep School, New York, NY
- Learning Specialist, Hewitt School, New York, NY
- Danielson Framework for Teaching and Evaluation
- Wilson Reading System
- Teaching Basic Writing Skills, Judith Hochman
- Preventing Academic Failure
- Wilson Fundations
- Lucy Calkins Reading and Writing Project
- Master of Arts in Learning Disabilities, Teacher’s College, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Teaching, Teacher’s College, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences, Ithaca, NY