John Wyetzner, LMSW, is a social worker specializing in child and adolescent mental health at the Child Mind Institute. He is experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and related conditions, with a particular focus on eating disorders.
John specializes in providing cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and, more specifically, exposure and response prevention (ERP) to children and young adults dealing with OCD and anxiety-related disorders. He also integrates acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) into his treatment approach.
Before joining the Child Mind Institute, John worked at an intensive outpatient treatment center, where he provided care to adolescents and young adults diagnosed with OCD, anxiety disorders, and depression. He has also served as a social worker in school settings, working directly with students in grades 6–12, and has provided counseling services to college students.
- Staff Clinician, Anxiety Institute, Madison, NJ
- Therapist, Mental Health Center, Bronx Community College, New York, NY
- Social Worker, BOCES Program, New York, NY
- Behavioral Therapies Training Institute (BTTI) Accredited Training in OCD Treatment
- Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) for Eating Disorders
- MSW, Silberman School of Social Work, Hunter College
- BS, Social Work and Psychology, Skidmore College