Julia Nunan-Saah, PhD
Julia Nunan-Saah, PhD, is a neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center and San Francisco Bay Area training coordinator at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in the neuropsychological evaluation of children, adolescents, and young adults with a wide range of challenges that affect learning, behavior, and social-emotional functioning. Throughout the evaluation process, Dr. Nunan-Saah partners with families to reach a comprehensive understanding of their child, to better understand their challenges, and to identify strengths that can enhance progress. She works collaboratively with parents, school personnel, and medical professionals to develop tailored, evidence-based recommendations to help each child reach their potential.
Dr. Nunan-Saah has extensive experience working with children with neurodevelopmental conditions including learning disorders, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and autism spectrum disorder. Additionally, she has expertise in conducting neuropsychological evaluations for children with medical conditions, including epilepsy, concussion and head injuries, brain tumors, genetic conditions, and prematurity/low birth weight. She also has experience providing assessment and therapeutic treatment for children with mood disorders, anxiety, and behavioral challenges using cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and social skills training models.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Nunan-Saah has conducted research on socio-emotional and executive functioning in children with complex medical conditions, including epilepsy and pediatric-onset multiple sclerosis. Her research has also examined intervention outcomes as well as the adjustment of siblings of children with developmental disabilities. Dr. Nunan-Saah has presented at conferences and published several papers in peer-reviewed journals including the Journal of Pediatric Neuropsychology and Multiple Sclerosis Journal. In addition, she is passionate about training and supervision of graduate students in clinical neuropsychology; she has taken an active role in organizing seminar series and has helped to develop clinical training programs.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Clinical Neuropsychology, San Francisco Neuropsychology PC
- Clinical Psychology Intern, Pediatric Neuropsychology Track, Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Psychology Extern, Pediatric Psychology Service, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
- Neuropsychology Extern, UCSF Movement Disorders and Neuromodulation Center, Department of Neurological Surgery at UCSF Medical Center
- Neuropsychology Extern, UCSF Pediatric Epilepsy Center, Department of Neurology at UCSF Medical Center
- Psychology Extern, UCSF Autism & Neurodevelopment Clinic, Department of Psychiatry at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
- Psychology Extern, Neurodevelopmental Assessment Clinic, Autism Center of Northern California
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Emphasis in Neuropsychology, Palo Alto University
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Palo Alto University
- BA, History of Science, Secondary Field in Psychology, Harvard University
More from Julia Nunan-Saah, PhD
Ready to Get Started?
Request an Appointment
Please complete the form below or call us at 877.203.3452 to request an appointment with one of our expert clinicians. A member of our intake team will follow up with you.