Katie Peinovich, LCSW
Clinical Social Worker, Student Success Program
Child Mind Institute
Katie Peinovich, LCSW, is a clinical social worker in the Student Success Program at the Child Mind Institute. Ms. Peinovich provides evidence-based trauma treatment to children in the New York City public school system and works with parents, teachers and school administrators to deepen their understanding of childhood trauma, its impact, and how to connect affected children with high quality care.
Ms. Peinovich has extensive experience in school and community-based settings providing clinical care to children and families affected by complex trauma. She has training in several evidence-based trauma interventions, including Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Trauma in Schools (CBITS). Ms. Peinovich also has training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and family therapy. Ms. Peinovich is passionate about education equity and views access to high quality mental health care for children and mental health information for parents and educators as an important stepping stone towards equity.
- Clinical Intern, Partnership with Children, Inc.
- Clinical Intern, Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office, Victim Services Unit
- Post-Graduate Certificate, Ackerman Institute for the Family
- MSW, Columbia University School of Social Work
- BA with Honors, English Literature, University of Wisconsin-Madison