Kenneth Schuster, PsyD
Clinical Neuropsychologist, Learning and Development Center; Director of Clinical Training
Child Mind Institute
Kenneth Schuster, PsyD, is a neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center and Director of Clinical Training at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Schuster has extensive experience conducting diagnostic evaluations, as well as neuropsychological, developmental, educational and personality assessments in children as young as 18 months and across the life span. He specializes in evaluating and working with individuals struggling with issues related to ADHD and learning disorders. He also provides individual psychotherapy, organizational skills support and writing remediation.
An active speaker, Dr. Schuster leads several parenting workshops and presents on a range of topics at schools and professional conferences. He is a consultant to the Child Mind Institute’s research team on several studies using EEG to expand our understanding of the neural underpinnings of specific disorders in order to drive new treatments. He is also working closely with the research team on the design of new studies.
A former middle school teacher, Dr. Schuster saw firsthand how psychiatric and learning disorders can be barriers to school success, motivating him to become a clinical psychologist. His experience in the classroom enables him to effectively translate test results into reports that provide children, parents and teachers with practical, realistic and individualized home- and school-based interventions and services.
- Licensed psychologist in New York and New Jersey
- Adjunct Professor, Applied Psychology, Steinhardt School, New York University
- Certified New Jersey public school teacher
- Tenured middle school teacher in the Elizabeth, NJ, public school system
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Clinical Neuropsychology, Child Mind Institute
- Clinical Intern, Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation, Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine and Hassenfeld Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Clinical Extern, Jacobi Medical Center
- Clinical Extern, New York-Presbyterian Weill-Cornell Medical Center
- School Extern, New Rochelle public school system
- PsyD, Clinical-School Child Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- MS, School Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- MA, Music Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
- BM, Music Education, the College of New Jersey
More from Kenneth Schuster
Ask an Expert
My 6-year-old son has seen two occupational therapists, and both wanted to stop treatment at six months. What’s going on?
Ask an Expert
My 5-year-old son, who has a development delay, is very independent but does not want to do his homework. What can I do?