Lindsay Gerber, PsyD
Clinical Psychologist, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Caroline Gabriele, Staff Associatecaroline.email@example.com
Lindsay Gerber, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Gerber has specialized training in evidence-based treatments for individuals struggling with depression, anxiety, borderline personality disorder and complex trauma. In addition, Dr. Gerber specializes in treating high-risk youth and their families with dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
Dr. Gerber’s areas of clinical focus include helping adolescents and young adults struggling with severe mental illness, co-occurring mental health and chemical dependence disorders, trauma, and diversity issues, including gender diversity. She is experienced in treating children, adolescents and young adults in a variety of settings including schools, day treatment centers, inpatient psychiatric units and outpatient clinics.
Dr. Gerber is passionate about eradicating the stigma associated with mental health issues and seeks to increase public awareness through teachings, workshops, community outreach and media opportunities. She is also investing in furthering the field of psychology, serving as a supervisor and mentor to the next generation of psychologists.
- Licensed Psychologist and Assistant Training Director, Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center
- Assistant Professor in Psychiatry & Pediatrics, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital
- Intern, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital
- Extern, New York City Children’s Center – Bronx Campus
- Extern, New York Center for Children
- Extern, Milestone School for Child Development
- PsyD, School-Clinical Child Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- MS, School Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- BS, Psychology with a minor in Special Education, University of Maryland