Lindsey Giller, PsyD
Lindsey Giller, PsyD, is a former training coordinator and clinical psychologist in the Mood Disorders Center and a clinical psychologist for the School and Community Programs team at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Giller has specialized training in evidence-based treatments for children, teenagers and young adults with depression, borderline personality disorder, social anxiety, selective mutism, phobias, generalized anxiety, PTSD, ADHD and oppositional defiant disorder. She has extensive training in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) as well as dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) for individuals with intense emotional dysregulation, suicidality and nonsuicidal self-injury. Dr. Giller is also intensively trained in a new DBT intervention, DBT-C, designed to support children with emotion dysregulation. This treatment also teaches behavior management skills to caregivers and offers strategies to improve the parent-child relationship. She has also completed advanced training in DBT Prolonged Exposure (DBT-PE) to treat PTSD, suicidal behavior and other co-occurring problems.
Dr. Giller supports parents of teenagers and young adults in learning new skills to manage various parenting challenges. She has experience providing teacher consultation and offering school-based group interventions for traumatized youth. Dr. Giller also uses mindfulness-based strategies in her work with individuals of all ages. She is committed to providing skills to support social-emotional growth for individuals at home, in school and in the community.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Cognitive Behavioral Consultants of Westchester and Manhattan (CBC)
- Intern, Andrus Children’s Center
- Extern, Anxiety and Mood Disorders Center, Child Mind Institute
- Extern, Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center (CERC) at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Extern, Sagamore Children’s Psychiatric Center
- Extern, Sousa Elementary School, Port Washington, NY
- PsyD, School-Clinical Child Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- MS, School Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- BS, Human Development, College of Human Ecology, Cornell University