College Readiness Program
The College Readiness Program, offered through the Mood Disorders Center, is for students who are entering or enrolled in college and need help managing new social and emotional challenges. Strengthening emotion regulation and problem-solving skills can help students handle stress and make effective decisions for a positive college experience.
Date: Monday, August 3 – Friday, August 7
Time: 11:30am – 3:30pm
This program is appropriate for those who need support:
- Managing the stressors and emotions that emerge during college
- Managing interpersonal relationships
- Completing assignments
- Developing effective time management skills
- Managing distractions such as screen time and substance use
Participants in this program will learn and practice skills related to distress tolerance, emotion regulation and interpersonal effectiveness with respect to dorm life, coursework, relationships, self-care and time management. Skills are taught by a team of expert psychologists in a supportive group setting with same-aged peers. Participants receive live coaching and feedback from group leaders. Families of participants will also learn strategies to help support their teens and young adults through this transition. A parent session is offered on Tuesday, August 6, from 5:00 – 7:00pm.
This program is offered to students ages 17-22 who have graduated high school by June 2020
- Date: Monday, August 3 – Friday, August 7
- Time: 11:30am – 3:30pm
- Cost: $2,500
- Location: Child Mind Institute, 101 East 56th Street, New York, NY
- Eligibility: To ensure an appropriate fit, a clinician in the program will conduct an assessment. Contact Brittany Barnett for more details.