Mandi Silverman, PsyD, MBA
Mandi Silverman, PsyD, MBA, is the former senior director of the Autism Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in providing treatment to children, adolescents and young adults with complex behavioral, social, and emotional needs. Her areas of expertise include autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, Non-Verbal Learning Disability, and other developmental and behavior disorders.
Dr. Silverman has training and experience in a wide array of evidence-based practices, including behavioral parent training, social skills training, cognitive behavioral therapy, organizational skills training and school consultation. She also has expertise in providing life skills support as a means to foster independent living.
Dr. Silverman uses her training in healthcare management to create, implement and strengthen programs that provide critical interventions for groups of children. Past projects include coordinating comprehensive services for children on the autism spectrum and launching an intensive summer treatment program for kids with behavioral, learning and social needs at the Child Mind Institute.
In her 15 years of clinical experience, she has given a number of lectures and trainings for clinicians, parents, teachers, schools, and other organizations in the Philadelphia and New York metropolitan areas. She is committed to raising mental health awareness so that all children can obtain clinically sound treatment and reach their full potential.
- Inaugural Program Manager, Philadelphia’s Autism Center for Excellence, NorthEast Treatment Centers
- Diagnostician, Center for Psychotherapy Research, University of Pennsylvania
- Adjunct Professor, Psychological Assessment, Vocational Counseling and Multicultural Counseling, Alvernia University, Reading, PA
- Pre-doctoral Intern, Widener Partnership Charter School, Chester, PA
- MBA Resident in Healthcare Management, NHS Human Services
- School Psychology Intern, Radnor Township School District, Wayne, PA
- Diagnostician, The Center for Cognitive Therapy, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania
- PsyD, Clinical and School Psychology, Widener University, Chester, PA
- MBA, Healthcare Management, Widener University
- MS, Counseling Psychology, Northeastern University, Boston
- BA, Psychology, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
More from Mandi Silverman, PsyD, MBA
- Since the birth of our third child, my eldest daughter refuses to go to bed. Please help!
- Our 11-year-old has high-functioning autism and can’t keep his hands to himself. He touches family, friends and strangers. We’re desperate for help.
- My son has made great progress in day treatment and is ready to return to a regular school. How can we get the school to work with him if he still has occasional outbursts?
- My 4-year-old with a behavior disorder attends therapy but she can’t compose sentences or express feelings. Am I doing enough for her?
- After a year of therapies, my son with autism and ADHD hasn’t made much progress. Will this ever get better? What must we do?