Marco Pagani, PhD
Marie Curie Global Research Fellow, Autism Center
Child Mind Institute
Marco Pagani, PhD, is a Marie Curie Global Research Fellow at the Autism Center of the Child Mind Institute and at the Functional Neuroimaging Laboratory of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia in Italy.
Dr. Pagani’s main research interest focuses on magnetic resonance imaging and advanced computational methods to study the typical and atypical architecture of the rodent and human brain by adopting translationally-relevant functional measurements. Building upon his expertise in neuroimaging, computer science and statistics, Dr. Pagani’s current research aims to develop novel cross-species approaches to break down the multilevel heterogeneity of autism into neuro-functional subtypes.
Dr. Pagani is author and co-author of over 30 peer-reviewed publications, including those appearing in Brain, Journal of Neuroscience, NeuroImage and Science Advances. He also has been selected to present at national and international scientific conferences. Dr. Pagani’s current research is funded by a competitive European Union grant fellowship for early career investigators.
- Marie Curie Global Fellow at Autism Center, Child Mind Institute and at Functional Neuroimaging Laboratory, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Rovereto, Italy (2020-2023)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Functional Neuroimaging Laboratory, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Rovereto, Italy (2016-2020)
- Doctoral Researcher at the Functional Neuroimaging Laboratory of the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Rovereto, Italy (2013-2016)
- Junior Researcher at the Neurology, Public Health and Disability Unit of the Neurological Institute Carlo Besta IRCCS Foundation, Milan, Italy (2010-2013)
- Research assistant at the Biosignal Analysis Centre of Experimental Neurology, Vita-Salute San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy (2010)
- PhD in Neuroimaging and Brain Sciences, University of Trento (Italy) with a scholarship awarded by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
- MSc in Cognitive Neuroscience at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University in Milan (Italy)
- MSc in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience at Goldsmiths College – University of London (UK)
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University in Milan (Italy)