Matthew Pagirsky, PsyD
Clinical Neuropsychologist, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Ella Storey, Staff AssociateElla.firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew S. Pagirsky, PsyD, is a clinical neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute and is a New York State certified school psychologist. He specializes in the neuropsychological evaluation of children, adolescents and young adults with learning, behavioral and social-emotional challenges.
Dr. Pagirsky completed his neuropsychological training in diverse academic medical settings across New York City. He values working closely with children and their families to ensure they feel listened to and supported throughout the neuropsychological evaluation. Dr. Pagirsky’s background in school psychology allows him to collaborate with teachers and school-based professionals to tailor specific academic, behavioral and social-emotional interventions that enhance a child’s functioning. In addition, Dr. Pagirsky has experience consulting with advocacy organizations and educational attorneys in order to obtain appropriate academic supports and services for children and their families.
Dr. Pagirsky has provided psychotherapeutic treatment to children and adolescents with anxiety, mood disorders and ADHD in outpatient psychiatric and community mental health settings. As vice president of a school-based mental health special interest group for psychologists and mental health practitioners, Dr. Pagirsky has broad knowledge of the application of psychotherapeutic interventions appropriate for the school setting. In addition to his clinical duties, Dr. Pagirsky teaches and supervises school psychology graduate students in psychoeducational assessment.
Dr. Pagirsky has published original peer-reviewed research on the academic profiles of children with learning disabilities, ADHD and language disorders. Dr. Pagirsky has also conducted numerous workshops, talks and poster presentations related to executive functions, educational outcomes following neuropsychological evaluations, and emotion regulation. He regularly conducts full-day workshops to teachers, counselors and social workers at the New York City Board of Education.
- Pediatric Neuropsychology Fellow, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Clinical Psychology Intern, NYU Rusk Rehabilitation, New York, NY
- Clinical Neuropsychology Extern, Center for Cognitive Health at Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Psychology Associate, New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College, White Plains, NY
- School Psychology Extern, Farmingdale Public Schools, Farmingdale, NY
- PsyD, School Psychology, St. John’s University
- MS, School Psychology, St. John’s University
- MA, General Psychology, Queens College, City University of New York
- BA, Psychology, State University of New York at Albany