Melissa Jeffay, PsyD
Associate Psychologist, Anxiety Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Caroline Gabriele, Staff Associatecaroline.email@example.com
Melissa Jeffay, PsyD, is a Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She brings a wealth of knowledge about assessing and treating anxiety disorders in children and adolescents.
Dr. Jeffay has experience working in both school and clinical settings, which has given her the ability to treat children with a wide range of clinical issues. She works collaboratively with families, schools and other people in the child’s environment to understand the whole child and to promote real and lasting change.
Through all her experiences, she has learned the importance of tailoring interventions to the unique strengths of her clients. She has received training in various evidence-based treatments, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Parent-Child Interaction Therapy for Selective Mutism (PCIT-SM). She uses this knowledge base to help her patients approach feared situations, feel better about themselves, and lead more fulfilling lives.
- School Psychology Intern, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Child Clinical Extern, Milestones Psychology
- School Psychology Extern, Pleasantville School District
- Graduate Student-Therapist, St. John’s University Center for Psychological Services
- PsyD, School Psychology, St. John’s University
- MS, School Psychology, St. John’s University
- BA, Psychology, Binghamton University