Michael Enenbach, MD, is Clinical Director and Associate Medical Director at the Child Mind Institute – San Francisco Bay Area.
Dr. Enenbach comes to the Child Mind Institute from the University of California, Los Angeles, where he has worked for the past 12 years, most recently as an associate clinical professor in psychiatry. He is an expert in child and adolescent psychopharmacology and has an extensive background in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectal behavior therapy (DBT), ADHD, LGBTQ mental health and autism spectrum disorder. He is also the president-elect of Pride CAPA, the national organization of gay, lesbian, transgender and queer child psychiatrists. He was previously the president of the Southern California Society of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry chapter of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
During his 12 years at the Stuart and Lynda Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA, Dr. Enenbach was an inpatient attending and assistant director of clinical services. He was also the medical director of the child and adolescent psychopharmacology clinic. He has extensive experience in parent management training and team management, aided by his work training medical students, residents and fellows at UCLA. He also worked for the Regional Center network in southern California, managing youths and adults with neurodevelopmental disorders, including intellectual disability and autism. Dr. Enenbach approaches his practice in a multidimensional and multidisciplinary manner with the knowledge that medications may or may not be part of the warranted intervention. Given his full training in DBT at the University of Washington, he is able to work well with teenagers with chronic suicidal ideation and self-injurious behavior.
- Associate Clinical Professor, University of California, Los Angeles
- Vice Chief-of-Staff, Stuart and Lynda Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA
- Assistant Clinical Director, Stuart and Lynda Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA
- Medical and Clinical Director, UCLA Pediatric Psychopharmacology Clinic
- Child and Adolescent Fellowship, University of Washington and Seattle Children’s Hospital
- General Psychiatry Residency and Internship, University of California, San Francisco
- MD, The University of Kansas School of Medicine
- BA, Human Biology, The University of Kansas
- California Magazine Top Psychiatrist Designation 2020