Natalie Weder, MD
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Child Mind Institute
Alyssa Strysko, Staff AssociateAlyssa.Strysko@childmind.org
Natalie Weder, MD, is a child and adolescent psychiatrist at the Child Mind Institute with extensive experience diagnosing and treating the full range of psychiatric disorders. She has particular expertise in the areas of ADHD, mood and anxiety disorders, and resilience in children and adolescents.
Dr. Weder is highly skilled in treating with medication as well as in evidence-based therapies, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). In her training and approach she brings together a big-picture understanding of a child’s functioning within his family and environment, and the specific skills he needs to overcome challenges.
Dr. Weder has collaborated on research with the Department of Psychiatry at Yale University on the interaction between genes and environment in children exposed to traumatic stress, and how to enhance resilience in vulnerable children. She applies this experience to her work with children dealing with challenges like divorce or family illness.
Dr. Weder, who is fluent in Spanish, has also had the opportunity to teach and mentor child and adolescent psychiatry fellows, psychiatry residents and medical students. She has published in several peer-reviewed journals, including Biological Psychiatry and the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Leon Levy Research Assistant Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, NYU Child Study Center
- Clinical Instructor in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine
- Consulting psychiatrist, Safe Mothers, Safe Children Initiative, NYU ACS Children’s Trauma Institute
- Staff physician, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Silver Hill Hospital, New Canaan, CT
- Institute of Mental Health-sponsored Research Post-doctoral Fellow, Phyllis Green and Randolph Cowen Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience, NYU Child Study Center
- Fellow, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, NYU Child Study Center
- General Psychiatry Resident, Yale University
- Intern, Psychiatry, Yale University
- MD, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- National Board of Medicine
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
More from Natalie Weder
Ask an Expert
My son, who has been taking Prozac for selective mutism, is now completely verbal in school. When can we start taking him off it?
Ask an Expert
My son is 2 years old and has such severe outbursts and tantrums that it scares us. What do we do?
Ask an Expert
My aggressive 6-year-old, who has had many diagnoses, reacted badly to stimulants and an SSRI. What else can we try?