Nazia Denese, EdM, MA
Clinical Extern, Anxiety Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Nazia Denese, EdM, MA, is a clinical extern in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a fifth-year doctoral candidate in the School Psychology Program at Teachers College, Columbia University. Ms. Denese is skilled in providing evidence-based treatments, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and social skills groups. She has experience providing treatment to children, adolescents and young adults with selective mutism, generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety, depression, ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder and autism spectrum disorder.
Ms. Denese has provided individual and group therapy in clinical and school settings. She also has experience conducting psychoeducational and neuropsychological evaluations for children and adolescents with a variety of disorders as well as developmental evaluations for infants and toddlers. She has held externship positions at The Bronxville School and The Children’s Mental Health Center at SUNY Downstate Medical Center, and has served as a Brave Buddies counselor.
- School Extern, The Bronxville School
- Clinical Extern, Children’s Mental Health Center, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- School Fieldworker, St. Raymond High School for Boys
- Student Clinician, Dean Hope Center for Educational and Psychological Services
- PhD (Expected 2022), School Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- MA, School Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- EdM, School Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- BA, Psychology, Macaulay Honors College at Hunter College (CUNY)