Pinxuan (Alina) Yu
Alina Yu is a psychology extern at the Mood Disorders Center within the Child Mind Institute. She is currently a third-year doctoral candidate in the school psychology program at Rutgers University. With a strong background in evidence-based treatments and school-based consultations, Ms. Yu has provided services for children, adolescents, and young adults dealing with various challenges, including depression, eating disorders, generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), social anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), oppositional defiant disorder, trauma-related disorders, as well as cognitive and language-based learning disabilities.
Alina has acquired expertise in multiple therapy models and assessment instruments. She has gained valuable experience in delivering individual and group therapy, as well as implementing multi-tiered interventions to address students’ mental health needs and enhance their adaptive skills. Her professional experience spans across schools, community mental health clinics, and the departmental clinic at Rutgers University.
Alina is dedicated to delivering high-quality, individualized, and person-centered mental health care and holistic support for all clients and their families.
- ADHD Assessment/Therapy Clinician, Center for Youth Social Emotional Wellness at Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ
- Assessment/Therapy Clinician, Center of Psychological Services at Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ
- Clinical Extern, Highland Park Community Teen Center, Highland Park, NJ
- School Psychology Practicum Student, Somerville High School, Somerville, NJ
- Research Fellow, Paraprofessional Behavior Support Coaching Project at Rutgers University, NJ
- PsyD (expected 2026), Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University, NJ
- BA (2021), Psychology & Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA