Qiuyuan Liu, LCSW, DSW
Qiuyuan Liu, LCSW, DSW, is a social worker in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute.
Dr. Liu has expertise in the treatment of children, adolescents, and young adults with anxiety, depression, and other mood and behavior disorders. She is committed to integrating clinical practice and research to provide evidence-based treatment to meet the goals of clients and their families. She has worked as a therapist and clinical supervisor in community mental health settings where she provided individual, group, and family therapy for youth in distress. This work has included specialty with immigrant populations, as she speaks Mandarin Chinese. In addition to her study of empirically informed interventions, like cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy, Dr. Liu believes strongly in the development of a therapeutic relationship. Her warm, engaging style has been welcomed by the families, children, and teens she has seen. Given her work with teens, Dr. Liu has also helped address substance abuse problems. Dr. Liu is also enthusiastic about teaching, supervising, and training young clinicians.
She earned her Doctor of Social Work degree in the Silver School of Social Work at New York University. Her doctoral research examined the benefits of providing a culturally adapted form of family therapy, based on attachment theory, to help reduce depression in adolescents from immigrant Chinese families. Prior to her doctoral training, Ms. Liu received her Master’s degree in Social Work at New York University.
Dr. Liu has worked extensively in residential housing for clients suffering from severe mental illness. She also has been certified in her work using the Integrated Mental Health/Addictions Treatment Training and the Seminar in Field Instruction (SIFI). She received trainings in CBT, DBT and trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) as well. She has also completed three years of intensive training in Psychoanalysis and is certified as an expert in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.
- Clinical Supervisor, The Child Center of New York, New York, NY
- Social Worker, The Child Center of New York, New York, NY
- Psychotherapist, New York Counseling and Clinical Social Work Service, P.C., New York, NY
- Program Director, The Association for Rehabilitative Care Management & Housing, Inc. (ACMH, Inc.), New York, NY
- Case Manager & Asian Service Specialist, The Association for Rehabilitative Care Management & Housing, Inc. (ACMH, Inc.), New York, NY
- Social Work Intern, Creedmoor Psychiatric Center, New York, NY
- Social Work Intern, Flushing Hospital Medical Center, New York, NY
- DSW, Silver School of Social Work, New York University, New York, NY
- MSW, Silver School of Social Work, New York University, New York, NY
More from Qiuyuan Liu, LCSW, DSW
Ready to Get Started?
Request an Appointment
Please complete the form below or call us at 877.203.3452 to request an appointment with one of our expert clinicians. A member of our intake team will follow up with you.