Ramon Burgos, MD, is a child and adolescent psychiatrist in the Pyschopharmacology Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Burgos’s clinical interests encompass a broad spectrum of psychiatric disorders, including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and trauma/post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). He combines various therapeutic approaches — such as psychodynamic psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and interpersonal psychotherapy — to tailor treatment to the unique needs of each patient, whether they are a child, adolescent, or adult. He also utilizes lifestyle interventions and medication management when necessary.
Dr. Burgos is a highly skilled professional, fluent in two languages. He specializes in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychiatric disorders, employing his expertise in both English and Spanish to provide comprehensive care to a diverse range of patients. Dr. Burgos is adept at providing culturally attuned care and is committed to fostering a warm, welcoming, and collaborative atmosphere in which individuals can receive personalized treatment for complex problems. Driven by a strong determination to create a safe space, he actively forms partnerships with patients and their families to facilitate their healing journey.
- Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College / New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
- Psychiatrist, Private Practice, BurgosMD, New York, NY
- Attending Psychiatrist, Northwell Health, New York, NY
- Resident, General Psychiatry, Columbia University/New York State Psychiatric Institute/New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
- Fellow, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Columbia University/Cornell University/New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- MBA, The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
- AB, Harvard College
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry