Roy Boorady, MD, a child and adolescent psychiatrist, is senior director of the Psychopharmacology Service at the Child Mind Institute. An expert in the diagnostic evaluation and psychopharmacological treatment of children and adolescents, he is known for his judgment and sensitivity in coordinating, monitoring and adjusting treatment plans that include medication.
Dr. Boorady’s past experience has included providing psychiatric evaluations and psychopharmacological treatments to children with severe psychiatric disorders, ADHD, anxiety and mood disorders and developmental delays. He is a dedicated teacher and advocate for individualized, evidence-based treatments, and has mentored hundreds of medical students and psychiatric residents. He has also organized seminars and lecture series to address urgent questions on how and whether medications should be prescribed to children and adolescents.
Dr. Boorady has been in Best Doctors in America, America’s Top Doctors and New York Magazine‘s “Best Doctors in New York.” He is renowned for his skill and commitment to treatment decisions based on sound scientific research and the needs of individual patients.
- Clinical Director, Psychopharmacology Service, NYU Child Study Center
- Assistant Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine
- Attending physician, Consultation Services, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Psychiatrist, Young Adult Institute, a New York City-based not-for-profit organization serving people with developmental and learning disabilities
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College, Cornell University
- Instructor in Psychiatry, Harvard University School of Medicine
- Fellow, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Chief Resident, Adult Inpatient Psychiatry, New England Deaconess Hospital, Boston
- Resident, Adult Psychiatry, Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Boston
- Intern, General Medicine, Millard Fillmore Hospital, Amherst, NY
- MD, SUNY at Buffalo School of Medicine
- BS, Biology, Manhattan College
Media & Public Outreach
- The New York Times
- The New York Times Magazine
- National Board of Medicine
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry